Monday 14 March 2011

That holiday feeling....

Being the first week of not working I found myself walking from room to room not exactly looking for things to do just wandering about talking to myself.  I kept being drawn over to my laptop to check my work email, only to remember that there wouldn’t be any.  On the couple of times I went up to London on the train I was desperately wanting to check my personal email.  A wee habit that I got into while commuting back and forth from London, only to realise that that I no longer had a blackberry.
Is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms from not having a blackberry or working, well after the week I have had I think the answer to that would be yes.
So how did I fill the first week?  Well I would like to say by going to the gym, cooking healthy meals for my boys and endless coffee mornings but that is far from the truth.  I spent it feeling a little sorry for myself and when in that state I tend to do pointless shopping.  Some people comfort eat I comfort shop!!  So needless to say my boys now have clothes they don’t need and I have acquired more pots and pans and chocolate biscuits than I need. 
I did however manage to write a “TO DO” list.  You know a list of what needs to be done around the house, things that I have been putting off for ages as I was too busy with work and the boys...  Obviously I have no excuses now not to do these things I just can’t be bothered at the moment to begin to tackle what is on the list.  Think I will put that down to still feeling sorry for myself..
So in short it was a very unproductive week, where I just felt like I was on holiday; the cleaner is still coming round, groceries are still being delivered and the boys are still eating M&S kids’ meals. 
So what is in store for this week, well for one I need to get a grip on reality and realise that it is not all that bad in the great scheme of things.  I have friends who would give their front teeth to not have to work, who think I am really lucky.  So with that in mind I am going to embrace the fact that I don’t have to go to work and start doing all the things I need to do..
I will let you know how I get on... 

1 comments:

ESTWILL @ Edspire said...

I am a great one for lists. I simply don't have time to get the stuff done though. Time is so valuable and there is never enough. I have a cleaner, shopping delivered and do not make my own baby food, I still do not have enough time x