Thursday 8 September 2011

Exterminate, Exterminate! - 100WCGU





This week for 100WCGU the challenge is to write within a chosen genre of our choice, sci-fi, horror, romance etc. The prompt for this is “......Mary thought...”


“I need to get out of here” Mary thought.

From under the desk she could hear them moving between rooms, hearing their death rays firing.

Shaking with fear she peered out only to look one of them straight in the eye.

“Run” her inner voice screamed. Mary pushed past the creature as it was getting ready to aim.  Running down the corridor she knew the Dr would be able to save her.

As she turned the corner she saw him, called out to him.  Safe at last she thought.  But then close behind her she heard the terrifying word “Exterminate”!



For more great 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups entries, head on over to The Heads Office.




10 comments:

Sally-Jayne said...

What fun - I love Dr Who! I really enjoyed this. You should give Steven Moffat a call and offer your help!

Frankie Parker said...

thanks Sally-Jayne. That would be a dream job working for him...

Anna said...

Daleks- scary! I used to hide behind the sofa when I was a little girl. Very good piece; you must be a Dr Who fan - this hits all the right notes. Great.

Frankie Parker said...

Thanks Bill, and thanks also for your other comment..

Stigmum said...

Did you write this??! Brilliant!!! You have the suspense nailed! I want more!!

Frankie Parker said...

Hey Stigs, yeah i did, do you think so?? Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Very well written in your chosen genre. Sound just like a Dr W plot, think you should write for the BBC! : ) GSussex

jfb57 said...

How fabulous! Have you written in sci-fi before? It is truly terrifying. I could never watch Dr Who as a child and this reminded me why! Brilliant!

Frankie Parker said...

Thanks Julia, its my favorite genre. I just love anything sci-fi...

Anonymous said...

Oooh! This was a scary one. I'm not so familiar with Dr. Who, but I do like sci-fi. I liked this.