Thursday 3 May 2012

“You did WHAT with the Lego”

If you are a hardened Lego geek then this post comes with a warning.  As this post contains Lego and glue, yes that’s right Lego and glue!

So you may be thinking “What are you doing!!”  But as I sit surrounded by boxes of Lego, instructions and glue on my table it all makes perfect sense to me.   That I have had enough, no more will I have to hear cries of “Mummy Lightening McQueen is broken can you fix him” or “Mummy where is the rest of my (..Insert any name of a fiddly piece of Lego...)!!”   Now I don’t mean gluing together your general Lego blocks I am talking about the kits, Star Wars, Cars 2, Ninjago, Super Heroes, Lego City etc.  You know the expensive bits of Lego that you painfully put together only for them to be broken 10 minutes later.  Then the painful cycle begins... rebuild....play.....break....cry....rebuild...play.....break.......cry.....

I don’t care if the main reason that Lego is a favourite toy worldwide is because of the ability to reuse the bricks to build new things.  Quite simply I have had it!  There are only so many times one can rebuild a Star Wars fighter, helicopter etc before one completely loses the plot with the dam stuff. 

Now don’t get me wrong I do love Lego myself and can spend hours playing with it.  After all I am the designated Lego builder in our household and enjoy nothing better than getting a new kit and putting it together.  Perhaps that is why I get so anxious when the boys start playing with it knowing that they will eventually break it.

So over the last few months as the boys attentions have gone from one piece to another I have secretly hidden them away.  Plotting on how I am going to do this, waiting until the time is right when I can sit and glue the pieces together.    

So time for a gut check, do I still think it’s a good idea? Yes.  Do the boys think I am crazy? Yes.....   Does Mr P think I am bonkers? Yes... Do I want to back out? No....!  It just needs to be done for my sanity if nothing else....

So here goes.....

PS.  Here’s a tip just in case you think “wow what a great idea”.  Don’t glue the piece completely together, leave a few pieces unglued so if it drops it will break but not shatter...



11 comments:

susan said...

teehee...i hear ya! I wonder if I could apply the same logic to
-jigsaws
- polly pocket
-magnetix.....

Unknown said...

We're going to need to see photos, tee hee x

Frankie Parker said...

Good idea, make it a silent Sunday photo...... It's taking a while.......

fivegoblogging said...

A friend of a friend, on receiving a lego kit, would empty the contents into the big box of lego. This apparently averted the "It's broken!"/"That little grey piece with the swivelly bit is missing" tantrums and tears, because they could never find all the bits to build it in the first place!
Personally, I like your approach better.

Frankie Parker said...

Oh no, while i can see the logic behind doing that.... i just couldn't, the tears, tantrums on no....

thanks for stopping by

BavarianSojourn said...

That's just the best tip I have ever every heard I think! Love it! :)

almost bedtime said...

What a great idea! It would never have occurred to me to use glue with Lego but it sounds like a plan!

busana muslim said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful

retroem said...

Very funny - good idea - if i have to make lego mater one more time i will go mad!

Anonymous said...

The Lego movie is sooooo about you!

Anonymous said...

The Lego movie is sooooo about you!